Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)

Article about: Hello Fellow collectors, Although I have been collecting bayonets and helmets for a while, I have recently expanded my collecting to uniforms. Luckily, my wife has been accommodating Here is

Looking good mate!! But you need to put the strap on the belt over the other shoulder though

The shorts actually look good on it and this combination was often worn during the war... If you want to swap them out for some KD trousers don't go for the issued ones you will need the officers tailored / private purchase type, If you like I will take some pics of mine for you.

Cheers Luke.

Thanks Luke, much appreciated.

Cheers for pointing out the wrong side strap, all fixed now

Yes I like the look of the KD shorts in the display, a bit different! I agree that this uniform setup was not unusual, there is a fair bit of photo evidence as well. Even our first (and only?) Field Marshal Commander Blamey enjoyed a similar combination
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walk01.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	662850  

I would love to see the correct style private purchase KD trousers by the way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12