Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)

Article about: Hello Fellow collectors, Although I have been collecting bayonets and helmets for a while, I have recently expanded my collecting to uniforms. Luckily, my wife has been accommodating Here is

Default WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)

Hello Fellow collectors,

Although I have been collecting bayonets and helmets for a while, I have recently expanded my collecting to uniforms. Luckily, my wife has been accommodating

Here is an Australian First Lieutenant's KD tunic, manufactured by Peapes Sydney, dated 1941 and also named to a D. Cameron on the tag (private purchase?). I have added a pic with some equipment and one without. I have not had the time to research Mr Cameron yet. One of the Lieutenant's pips may have been added as a replacement, but all badges etc. are original.

Officer's Cap is either Australian or British made, markings are too worn to read.

The trousers are wool battle dress (I have some KD long shorts on their way and I think these may display better).

Boots are post war - Korea era, but still do the job until I can get WWII example.

Any thoughts on this set and how to make it more historically accurate? One of my main queries on this tunic is that it has always had some soiling, definitely an issued tunic. Is it wise to get this type of tunic dry cleaned? I can't decide whether this would be better, preserving wise, or worse for the tunic's condition. Many thanks for looking.

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)   WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)  

WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)  

very nice mate..makes a good display

Cool display !

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka

Oh and dont dry clean it mate..stains and sweat add to the history...nothing wrong with a salty outfit

4md
    ?

excellent display, I like it

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    Oh and dont dry clean it mate..stains and sweat add to the history...nothing wrong with a salty outfit
    Yes, I agree, I always loved the stains - Really gives it a 'been there' look! Cheers for your input

I will also add a P07 webbley holster ASAP, will finish of the belt nicely.

Many thanks for the kind comments here gentlemen.

Best regards,
    Chris

AIF
    ?

Hi mate looks good so far... I would either go for a Patt 37 officers web set like this minus the pack or a Sam Browne belt and long trousers to finish it off... Either would be correct.

Cheers Luke.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)  

Quote by AIF View Post
    Hi mate looks good so far... I would either go for a Patt 37 officers web set like this minus the pack or a Sam Browne belt and long trousers to finish it off... Either would be correct.

Cheers Luke.
    Many thanks for your input Luke. Yes I have been thinking about Sam Browne Belt, but I do like the P37 webbing. Is that a binocular case on the right? When you say Long trousers, do you mean KD?

Cheers,
    Chris

AIF
    ?

Hi Chris, Yeah mate it is a binocular pouch you could also go for basic webbing with just the holster and pistol ammo pouch, with or without braces.
    And yeah I should have said KD long trousers.

Luke.

Default Update

I have added a Sam Browne and the aforementioned KD long shorts.

The shorts hang a little low as my mannequin is so very skinny!

I still quite like the look of this display but I think I agree with the above and will keep searching for some KD trousers for the tunic and perhaps a nice Khaki Shirt to go with the shorts.

Thanks for your time on this gentlemen.

Regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII AIF First Lieutenant's Uniform (KD Tunic)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast