Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.

Article about: I took a goodly amount of my British WWII web equipment and decided to try and display it on a dummy that I made out of a bucket and a styrofoam head. Everything on "Tommy" is mint

?

Default A WWII British Soldier "Tommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.

I took a goodly amount of my British WWII web equipment and decided to try and display it on a dummy that I made out of a bucket and a styrofoam head. Everything on "Tommy" is mint, WWII, British kit or clothing, except for the Canadian Entrenching Tool cover. I tried hard to mount the webbing according to British regs. I hope you enjoy it.

A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.
    Last edited by rambob; 08-22-2011 at 05:34 PM.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.

Nice gear.Looks great.Does the belt have webbing sliders?
    One thing, the brace extensions should be underneath the ammo pouch and the holster.

?

Default Re: A WWII British SoldierTommy" , Decked out with a good selection of mint kit.

NCA, The sliders, which are also called keepers are indeed web in construction. I have two mint belts, both dated 1945, both with web sliders, both from the same source. According to my book, it looks like this bellt is a hybrid, with brass front buckles, economy steel back buckles and economy web sliders.

Bob
    Last edited by rambob; 08-23-2011 at 12:05 AM.

?

I decided to juice this topic again with the interest in British WWII web gear I am seeing.

Good job with the display! Quite the color difference between British and Canadian canvas.

4md
    ?

An excellent way to display your british gear, iv often thought of doing this. Looks great!