Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Canadian Tanker Uniforms

Article about: Hello, recently I have been trying to do some research on Canadian Tanker uniforms and gear. I have raked the web of any info I could find, but haven't received a lot. Was curious to know if

Default WWII Canadian Tanker Uniforms

Hello, recently I have been trying to do some research on Canadian Tanker uniforms and gear. I have raked the web of any info I could find, but haven't received a lot. Was curious to know if anyone out there knows of any good Canadian uniform books, or where someone can further research on specific areas. Eventually over the years was looking to put together a Canadian tanker grouping, haha but at the rate the research is taking me it may be 60 or 70 years..... any help greatly appreciated.

They would have worn the Canadian BD blouse with the correct insignia and also the tank oversuit when it became available, the Cannadian Beret etc. I don't know a good book on the subject.

Just a note of caution, they often prefer to be called tankies, rather than tankers as the latter is rhyming slang for something else.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Clive Law has a publishing company the specializes in Canadian military subjects, especially militaria and weapons systems, there are great primers on various subjects, there are a few of his pubs that cover Canadian tnaks and armour and have heavily illustrated uniform shots etc. They are very affordable too. Service Publications

Thanks for the info guys, Ill keep digging and see what I find. Greatly appreciated.