Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Navy Commander's Tunic

Article about: Hey everyone, I had a great day at the flea market today. I came across this Commander's tunic and from the moment I saw it, I knew it had to come back home with me. The outside is in excell

Default WWII Navy Commander's Tunic

Hey everyone,

I had a great day at the flea market today. I came across this Commander's tunic and from the moment I saw it, I knew it had to come back home with me. The outside is in excellent condition, no moth holes or other damage anywhere, and has a beautiful bullion design on the insignia portion of the sleeves. The inside has no tears or holes. I was able to find a name on the inside of the jacket, although it's a little hard to make out.

From what I was able to see, the jacket was made for a "Cmdr Albert N. Bennett" (The B sort of looks like a C though, and I can't fully make out the first two letters). Would anyone be able to help me obtain any information on him regarding his service?

Opinions are always welcome!

Alex

WWII Navy Commander's TunicWWII Navy Commander's TunicWWII Navy Commander's Tunic

Default Re: WWII Navy Commander's Tunic

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the name on the jacket reads "Lt Comdr Albert N. Connett". Would anyone be able to help me gather information on him and his service?

Default Re: WWII Navy Commander's Tunic

Evening Independent, Saturday, October 28, 1944, Page 7

Somewhere in that article it talks about him being ordnance plant commanding officer. Somewhere in the block of text with horrible English (scroll down) you will find it. "Navy to retain canton ordnance plant after the war"

I also got this when searching "Lt commander Albert N. Connett":

War Diary, 9/1/43 to 10/31/43 › Page 345 - Fold3.com
    Naval Ordnance Plant, Blaw-Knox Company, Martins Perry, Ohio Lieutenant Commander Albert N. Connett, USNR, commanding officer, Naval Ordnance Plant, .

I'm not sure where it is on the website > War Diary, 9/1/43 to 10/31/43 › Page 345 - Fold3.com