MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Your advise on a pair of KD trousers

Article about: Hello everybody! I would like your opinion about this pair of KD trousers i'm about to buy. The seller asks for 50 EUR, there are no markings inside. What do you think? I have seen so many d

Default Your advise on a pair of KD trousers

Hello everybody!
    I would like your opinion about this pair of KD trousers i'm about to buy.
    The seller asks for 50 EUR, there are no markings inside.
    What do you think? I have seen so many different type of KD trousers, but this is a one that i have some doubts...
    I need that kind of trousers to complete an SBS - SAS commando.. Are these the suitable ones to use??
    Thank you in advance for your info.
    Regards,
    Nikos

Last edited by hibacusa; 04-23-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Hi Nikos,

The photos are not very clear but I guess this pair could do for display purposes. It is true that there were a few different styles of KD trousers and shorts but I would be a little concerned throwing down the cash for an unmarked pair, they could be unrelated to the military. Although quite rare, you still can find well marked examples for not too much more that you are considering for this pair. In my experience Commonwealth uniforms are usually well marked. Is it completely unmarked or is there some evidence of markings/tags?

It may be the poor photos, but I am not sure the material is correct khaki drill cotton from the era. I have added a photo of what this should look like (these are KD shorts dated 1942). Have you considered KD shorts for your display? Many historical photos of the SAS in Africa show the troops wearing KD shorts.

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Your advise on a pair of KD trousers  

Dear Chris, thank you for your prompt reply.
    Unfortunately, i don't have any more clear photos (i used the ones that the seller had uploaded). I have done a quite good research about KD commonwealth clothings and i say the same as you..Almost everything was well marked...
    I have asked for better close ups to see if there are any markings, even faded.
    I am looking for a pair of long trousers, once i want to set up an SBS commando, as he used to operate in Aegean campaign (1943) and not in North Africa (based on original photos of the era).
    I don't know if i'll go for it or i should wait more to find a "safe" one!
    Thank you anyway!

Hello mate,

Better, close up pics would certainly put to question any concerns regarding material.

My advice/opinion, based on these photos, would be to wait until a better (+ marked) pair present themselves. In Australia, 50 Euro is $80, and I feel it is too much for an unmarked pair.