Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Infantry M1

Article about: Like to share this one It belonged to PFC Leo Daignault 2nd Infantry 9th Regiment I Company

?

Default 2nd Infantry M1

Like to share this one It belonged to PFC Leo Daignault 2nd Infantry 9th Regiment I Company2nd Infantry M12nd Infantry M12nd Infantry M12nd Infantry M12nd Infantry M12nd Infantry M1

Great looking helmet. Leon.

That's a great looking helmet with providence mate.
    I had been following your other threads with great interest and wondered with you being a US collector if you had managed to snag his helmet.

well done
    Rod

?

Rod,I actually have all his Clothing and a fair amount of canvas field gear there is a lot of US insignia and 2nd infantry stuff.I did see Another helmet and several liners one of which was painted. I will eventually get around to the US gear after this journey through the TR pile.Best Regards,Dave

?

That is a beauty!!!!
    That painted 2nd emblem just make that one piece of eye candy
    Congrats on that one!

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

Thanks for posting over here , I knew the helmet guys would love to see it !

You should hold on to one of these badged helmets to keep with the P-38 and holster , it would make for a fantastic group .

Quote by M16fan View Post
    Rod,I actually have all his Clothing and a fair amount of canvas field gear there is a lot of US insignia and 2nd infantry stuff.I did see Another helmet and several liners one of which was painted. I will eventually get around to the US gear after this journey through the TR pile.Best Regards,Dave
    That's interesting Dave that he had as many liners and another helmet. When you say painted do you mean with insignia and did you notice if any of the liners were rarer types or makes. might be a stupid thing to say! But I've often wondered if it was common for soldiers back then to have two or more helmets. Or he may have collected these to.
    By the way its very good of you to be helping this family out with all that stuff. There's a picture I've seen somewhere of GI's stripping insignia from a queue of POWs. The table was heaped with everything. I cant find it! it might be on here somewhere.
    All the best
    Rod

MAP
    ?

This is just unreal Dave. Too much to keep up with. A true time capsule.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes it really is a time capsule the condition of most everything is quite nice especially the firearms luckily the vet chose the attic and not the cellar for storage. The daughter has also agreed to give me a photo of her dad in uniform which I will will provide a copy of with all items sold if requested.

CBH
    ?

Great idea Dave , you should title your posts in the classified as "2nd Div Cache" or similar to show members it coming from you . That is when you start selling . Also don't underestimate the value of the US kit , especially from a combat unit like the 2nd . As always looking forward to what turns up next , and Merry Christmas .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast