Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet

Article about: Does anyone know what the b-52 means on this helmet? The helmet is named to a Gilbert Wilson, the only person I could find was a 2nd Lt. Gilbert wilson with the 301st BG 352nd squadron. The

More

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	910053   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	334.6 KB 
ID:	910054  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

One more for the friends at USMF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	910055  

The correct Heat stamp for the helmet is 111a.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I emailed Troy at USMF this morning to have him post the pictures for me. I have not heard from him. I have trouble resizing pictures to post on that forum. If any one here can help that would be great. Marty
    To make them smaller? If so there are a host of freeware programs that can do that. I like "Fast Image Resizer". It so simple to use. Just drag and drop one or more photos into the box and you are done. No built in bugs, spyware, etc.

M
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think it maybe USN due to the yellow colouring, markings like these usually are for collection/landing points etc, anyway that's my 2 cents of thinking. I'm always wrong!

This is the resizer that I've used for years for this forum- works great -here is the link
    https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Phil that needs to be your project for the weekend to help me find out more about this guy. I am coming up against dead ends. Marty
    My crystal ball is kind of fuzzy right now. Might be the booze.
    But I will get on it tomorrow Marty!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hey Marty I was doing some searching around the web and came across this on the USMF might get told off for putting this link up so sorry if I have breached any rules Markings on M1 USMC Pot - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum There appears to be a debate here about yellow painted numbering on M1 helmets being USMC for landing crews assigned to landing craft. I suppose this raises more questions than answers them good luck researching this one
    "When I lost my rifle, the Army charged me 85 dollars. That is why in the Navy the Captain goes down with the ship." -Dick Gregory-

Ian

Ian, I never thought about a possible Marine connection, that throws a new twist on the helmet. I thank you for the extra effort trying to help me.
    Marty

?

Another Not Navy thought is that he would be Ensign Wilson and not LT. Wilson.
    Marty is that a duffle bag with his name and home town on it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast