Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet

Article about: Does anyone know what the b-52 means on this helmet? The helmet is named to a Gilbert Wilson, the only person I could find was a 2nd Lt. Gilbert wilson with the 301st BG 352nd squadron. The

Default 2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet

Does anyone know what the b-52 means on this helmet? The helmet is named to a Gilbert Wilson, the only person I could find was a 2nd Lt. Gilbert wilson with the 301st BG 352nd squadron. The helmet is a Schlueter fixed bale witha heat stamp of 11a. There is a green wash on the front of the helmet, maybe to tone down the name and rank, just a guess. The liner is a inland liner with a pinned Lt. Bar on the front, the liner has seen better days. Any help would be great.
    Marty

- - ------- - -

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet   2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet  

2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet   2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet  

2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet   2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet   2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet  

Looks there could have been a character in front of the 'B'?

I think that is just dirt, here a picture of that side, best I have at the moment.

That's a lid that has bags of character. As for what B-52 means who knows. I know a lot of Schleuter helmets where used by the US navy and they tended to number their helmets for gun positions etc. Yours is painted in yellow and from what I have seen the army markings tended to be painted in white. I would speculate that thisis a navy helmet. If I owned this one it would have pride of place in my collection.

Although thinking about it, it could've also been used as a flak helmet before the Flak models came into service. Very nice helmet

Thanks for the postive word about the helmet. I did think about the possible of it being navy, but the duffle bag has US on it. Would a navy db have us navy on it?
    Marty

Marty I can see on the duffle bag U.S. but the name tag may go over some ink lettering on the bag. I can't tell as the helmet in the picture obscures it.

US in the only thing on that side that can be seen. On other side in stencil is Lt. Gilbert Wilson
    Marty

If I am not mistaken the rank of Lt. In the navy would be 2 silver bars. My memory is not best in the world just ask my wife. Marty

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast