Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

326th Engineer Battalion Helmet

Article about: Flat steel buckle, and a lighter in shade liner chinstrap rudders . The question is, if you have an original helmet of such rarity, wouldn't you fit/replace the liner chinstrap with an origi

Default 326th Engineer Battalion Helmet

Hello, here is an 326th Engineer Battalion Helmet, found in a barn here in Luxembourg. It belongs to a friend.

The white paint is original with a firestone liner.

"The 326th Engineer Battalion was withdrawn on 15 August 1942 from the Organized Reserves and allotted to the Army of the United States. It was concurrently redesignated as the 326th Airborne Engineer Battalion and activated at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana. After extensive training in the United States, the Battalion deployed to Europe where it participated in the airborne assault into Normandy. The Battalion also participated in the assault into Holland and the Screaming Eagles' heroic stand at Bastogne. For its outstanding accomplishments at Normandy and Bastogne, the Battalion was twice awarded the Presidential Unit Citation. For its contribution to the success of the European War, the Battalion was awarded the French Croix de Guerre (with Palm), the Netherlands Orange Lanyard, and the Belgian Fourragere. The Battalion was inactivated on 30 November 1945 in France"

Does anybody know something else about this helmet and his value?

Any opinions?

Enjoy!

Greeting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 326th Engineer Battalion Helmet   326th Engineer Battalion Helmet  

326th Engineer Battalion Helmet   326th Engineer Battalion Helmet  

326th Engineer Battalion Helmet   326th Engineer Battalion Helmet  

326th Engineer Battalion Helmet  

?

Default Re: 326th Engineer Battalion Helmet

If this is a airborne helmet it should have a Westinghouse liner . Gary

No it isn't an airborn helmet

?

If its the 326th it should be

Nope look at the pictures

?

Yes its not a para helmet but it should be ..a helmet painted like this E painted on both sides is for the tactical reconnaissance of the 326th engineer. Bb. The dot above the e is for headquarters personnel . Liner should be either inland or Westinghouse

So why can't this be 100% original?as only 180,000 "C" looped were made (M2) a large portion of the 101st jumped into france with fixed bale helmets useing medic tape to hold the liner to the shell,please dont assume that to be in the Airborne you need a Airborne helmet.....Jake.

Hi Luxembourg has your friend added both chin straps to the helmet and liner. Its just that the helmet chin straps appear to have steel hardware which is wrong for a fixed bale. And I am sure the liner chinstrap is not American.
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Hi Luxembourg has your friend added both chin straps to the helmet and liner. Its just that the helmet chin straps appear to have steel hardware which is wrong for a fixed bale. And I am sure the liner chinstrap is not American.
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong
    Rod
    Spot on.

Andy

Rod you must eat a lot of carrots cos i cant tell from those pics......Jake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast