Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3rd Infantry Divison Helmet Opinions

Article about: Bought this helmet off ebay and would like some opinions on the insignia. It's a rear seam schlueter with od7 straps. The liner is a Firestone with green painted A-washers and a green buckle

Default 3rd Infantry Divison Helmet Opinions

Bought this helmet off ebay and would like some opinions on the insignia. It's a rear seam schlueter with od7 straps. The liner is a Firestone with green painted A-washers and a green buckle chinstrap. I paid $75 for it; I figured at that price it was worth the risk. If it's fake, it will make a nice display piece. Opinions much appreciated.

?

The paint looks good and old. (good sign). I however, cannot determine if this a genuine ww2 M1 and if the paint if genuine. It was very uncommon to not paint your divisions logo onto the helmet. It does look like an orignial ww2 M1 pot.

Thanks for your opinion on the insignia. I'm not too worried about the pot; as I said it's a schlueter and the paint and cork look good to me. Especially compared to other WWII helmets I own. I'm just not an expert on painted helmets, this being my first.

I believe the helmet is a ww2 helmet with post war late 45-46, painted decal. Wished I would have seen this one. Nice helmet congrats. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

nice lid

Not a bad price for a display piece.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Not a bad price for a display piece.........
    Is that implying you think it might be fake?

I like it one way or another,if the insignia is real then you've bagged the deal of the decade for $75,but as it was ebay afterall there is probably little to no chance of it actually being original but over here in the UK it would be impossible to get this Helmet for the amount you paid even without the insignia,but its still a great Helmet and one i would be proud to display............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I like it one way or another,if the insignia is real then you've bagged the deal of the decade for $75,but as it was ebay afterall there is probably little to no chance of it actually being original but over here in the UK it would be impossible to get this Helmet for the amount you paid even without the insignia,but its still a great Helmet and one i would be proud to display............
    I understand what you're saying about it coming from ebay and ebay being full of fakes and people trying to scam you. However this helmet was being sold as just a regular WWII helmet with liner. The seller said nothing of the 3rd infantry insignia or the green buckle chinstrap. It wasn't until I clicked on the ad and scrolled through the pictures that I noticed the insignia, and thought it was worth bidding on. Either way, like you said, I'm happy to display it.

?

WW II 3rd helmets had smaller size insignia on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast