Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

50s USMC HELMET COVER

Article about: This cover came in the mail the other day and just thought i would show it. 1950s made USMC cover with the some of the ega showing on the green side. But on the sand side there is not much l

Default 50s USMC HELMET COVER

This cover came in the mail the other day and just thought i would show it.
    1950s made USMC cover with the some of the ega showing on the green side. But on the sand side there is not much left of the ega stamp.
    It is very hard to read the date stamp. but im happy with this one, i have been looking for a long time for a 50s made cover. The price was realy good to, well i think so anyway.was not bought at ebay price,s anyway!!! ha ha
    The helmet did not come with the cover . at some stage i would like to find a 50s era m1 to go with this cover.
    thanks for looking mark.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 50s USMC HELMET COVER   50s USMC HELMET COVER  

50s USMC HELMET COVER   50s USMC HELMET COVER  

50s USMC HELMET COVER  

I posted this in the wrong area could someone please put this thread in the m1 helmet section thanks. cheers mark

Moved over for you.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well its certainly salty Mark,but at least its original,what shell is that under the cover?............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Well its certainly salty Mark,but at least its original,what shell is that under the cover?............
    hi jake heres i will show you some images of the shell and liner a bit later if im able too. the liner is msa. with a extra stamp on the side dateing it 1961. and shell is rear seam sand finnish swivel bale no anchor stamp on the T buckle. i put the shell 70s. is named. heat stamp m253a but faint. cheer mark.

Then there's no need to get a "50"s shell you already have it in your hand hence why i asked what shell you had as it carries the typical 1951 green steel hardware of that McCord run,you lucky boy you................

ok thanks ive managed to get some image,s. the shell was painted in a real bad brown paint when i first got this one from a junk store. the back of it was not painted. i think it was uesd at a disposal store in the window for a display. but i got that paint off real easy to what you can see now. the liner as you can see is painted a light blue. but theres a red paint under that. i can make a bit of the is writen in the shell. 314389 B KENNE#LL# but whts intresting is i think uder that is 6 RAR could be 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment . this battalion was started in 1965.

- - ------- - -

the liner did not come with the helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 50s USMC HELMET COVER   50s USMC HELMET COVER  

tried searching name and number in Australian records and no luck. also would any one know or is it common to see m1s with that black paint on them. I have seen this subject come up before.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Moved over for you.
    thank you for moving this. mark

nice lid, mine is ery similiar to this example

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast