Another M1 in my sights

Article about: Can I have thoughts on this one, I'm hoping it's a late ww2 example. I have asked the seller for the heat stamp number in the shell. Not sure on price but looking to trade it for a ww1 imper

?

Default Another M1 in my sights

Can I have thoughts on this one, I'm hoping it's a late ww2 example. I have asked the seller for the heat stamp number in the shell. Not sure on price but looking to trade it for a ww1 imperial saw back butcher bayonet with frog.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2839.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	1002924   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2840.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	1002925  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2842.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	1002926  

Late-war rear-seam indeed. I would like to see some better photo's of the paint and texture before buying it though.

?

The shell is a schlueter made shell, which I believe was a ww2 producer only. Just need to see if it period paint.

?

Decided against the helmet, the guy wanted cash and the bayonet. still looking!

Was it a UK based sale?or oversea's?............

?

A uk based sale.

The shell is a schlueter made shell, which I believe was a ww2 producer only.

True that Schlueters were ONLY produced during WWII.
    While more rare than McCords, they are really not all that rare when it comes to swivel bail/bale/loop helmets.
    I would not pay more than $150 USD on this one (assuming the paint is good).
    To be honest, I would wait for a nice Fixed bail/bale/loop to come along.