Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Another one.oh dear must stop.

Article about: love that lid Jake my boy, now that white liner, did you see the other he was selling? MSA, i got that small world eh, Ste

well jake judging by the sellers pictures it looks real nice ,i actually like it even more with the slight damage to the liner ,it shows issued use and doesnt detract from what it is in any way ,jake its now time to forget about the hit on your wallet ,Que Sera, Sera ,it will never depreciate in value thats for sure ,im just looking forward to the updated pictures of it in your hot sticky mitts mate ,well done on a darn fine purchase james

Thanks James and yes mate your right the value and rarity should only increase with time,thanx for popping in.........

Well its here at last,the liner is more damaged than i first thought also its a post june 44 with Blackened Brass A washers but missing leather chinstrap and Nape but does have a nice green sweatband all stamped up,i removed it as it was upside down,but the good news is the Liner shows the remains of tape residue at the front between bottom and top Grommet of an LT bar so hopefully a matching 1944 set also the Buckle is not the Iron variant as I first thought going by the Heatstamp but is the flat blackened Brass version which is seen on most late made front seamed Helmets,the reason I say that is because to me the rear seamed Helmets look like they support a black painted steel buckle even though there's no mention of steel being used in any of the info books,anyway looks kinda cool with the remains of the LT bar,so please enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another one.oh dear must stop.   Another one.oh dear must stop.  

Another one.oh dear must stop.   Another one.oh dear must stop.  

?

Hi Jake! Even with the damage to the liner that is a fantastic looking M1, Congrats! Cheers, Sean.

very nice addition jake and much better pictures than the sellers ,im glad its in your possession ,wow how mint fresh do those chin straps look ,well done mate
    Last edited by James C; 08-15-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Cheers everyone for your kind words,might give it a rest on the purse strings but will continue to monitor the goings on in the M1 world............

Well I sold the damaged liner,sorry but hey thats me sometimes however I added a postwar original p55 Marmac liner for the time being,anyway just mucking about I added this British small mesh net with period M1944 Dust Goggles,the Neoprene camo band stayed the same from when it was introduced in the fall of 1942 through to the mid-70's when the cats eyes were stitched on.hope it looks ok and filmed in "Serpia" mode to add age to the image.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another one.oh dear must stop.   Another one.oh dear must stop.  

Snagged this mid-war Green "A" washered High Pressure Firestone liner.post-war repaint with stickers,liner is complete except chinstrap missing,in really nice condition overall.at least I've finally found a replacement for this McCord shell,hope you guys like it as there are not so many coming to the market on these shores.............

?

Excellent purchases Jake,really impressed as ever Buddy.

What are the decals on the white Firestone??...most intriguing....??

Not sure Gary something to do with Ohio University?out of choice would have prefered original olive drab paint but personally I think the price would have been more,besides its inside the shell so cannot be seen,and these are getting much harder these days to find in this sort of condition,especially these mid-war versions,thanks for dropping by..............

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast