Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet

Article about: Hello all. A while ago, I picked up this helmet that just so happened to catch my eye. However, I know next to nothing about this helmet and after some research I came to the conclusion that

Default Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet

Hello all.

A while ago, I picked up this helmet that just so happened to catch my eye. However, I know next to nothing about this helmet and after some research I came to the conclusion that it was of WW2 era. Though, the liner to me seemed to differ a lot from the other examples that I have seen and that lead me to making a post here. It came with some netting as well. The shell has a somewhat sandy texture to it. If possible, can someone please educate me on what era it is from, and whether or not it's original?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Bennett
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet   Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet  

Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet   Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet  

Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet   Assistance required with identifying / dating an M1 helmet  

G'day Bennett,
    I'm only sharp on detecting US WW2 helmets not post war or clones -but this one is not WW2 and I'm pretty sure this shell is not US, liner is deffo not US.

I think it's Belgian and that 'LS' stands for Linnemann Schnautzer, who also made the Dutch M53 helmet (M1 clone)

Hallo. Yes a belgian M1 Clone.

********"Thanks" for your assistance fellas*********