Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?

Article about: A few weeks ago a collector offered me this m1 helmet. I've known this collector for a few years, and he had a great collection of ss and us airborne items. He sold it, so he offered me this

Default Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?

A few weeks ago a collector offered me this m1 helmet.
    I've known this collector for a few years, and he had a great collection of ss and us airborne items.
    He sold it, so he offered me this one.

He gave me a few months to check the originality.
    I contacted a professional photographer to took photos, so I could send them to experts in the field.
    The experts said it was probably a fake one.

What's your opinion on this helmet?

Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?Authentification m1 helmet 101st airborne?

Experts said "probably a Fake"? nothing probably about it just a nice talking piece and nothing more im afraid,a complete out and out fake............

put together helmet.
    chris

?

It is a fixed bail helmet that has had replica airborne chinstraps added to it.
    The bar stitching is much to thin. The bar stitch the manufacturers make with commercial heavy duty sewing machines is much thicker. These chinstraps have been made with a smaller home sewing machine. Compare them to any other US helmet chinstraps sewn to the bail you will see what I mean.
    Therefore I certainly believe the spade has been added to the helmet to deceive. Most of the real ones I have seen are spray painted using a cut out template. The one pictured is hand painted.

Wow - fooled me ( and most of the general population I would guess )

These re-writers of history are tricky!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I agree with everyone else on this one.
    Hope the photographer didn't cost to much
    keep hunting.

?

I would definitely say this is a repro the strap and new fakes, the painting has been artificially aged. These Airborne helmets are so rare I have seen less than 10 authentic painted ones so a real one is a gem now so when ever dealing with these helmets I am always skeptical

Interesting that the name 'Jonathan' in the liner
    is spelled incorrectly as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Interesting that the name 'Jonathan' in the liner
    is spelled incorrectly as well.........
    Jonahtan…. i didn’t even notice that. Nice.

Thanks for the information.
    I'm going to sell it as a repro.
    My knowledge isn't enough to see if it's an original or fake, so thanks for all your comments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast