Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blue m1 helmet.

Article about: I havent had this helmet long. and have been looking at it trying to work out the paint. the shell is a swivel bale rear seamed. the only heat stamp at the front is M A6. green painted buckl

Default Blue m1 helmet.

I havent had this helmet long. and have been looking at it trying to work out the paint. the shell is a swivel bale rear seamed.
    the only heat stamp at the front is M A6.
    green painted buckles no anchor stamp.
    the ww2 liner is fire stone blacken A washers. with post war sweat band and nap. the leather stramp is made by dot.
    but i would like to ask if anyone might have a better idea of what the blue paint represents.the blue looks to have been spayed on. so far ive found police, or navy,or euro. but just cant get a 100% idea.
    so if any could help it would be great thanks. im not to shore if the liner has been with the lid for long too the guy i bought this set off, often puts them together.
    but i do have a blue liner. cheers mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue m1 helmet.   Blue m1 helmet.  

Blue m1 helmet.   Blue m1 helmet.  

?

Korean period or later shell and WWII liner.
    Nice helmet.

in my opinion, the helmet seems navy because in the photos you can still see that the helmet retains its cork texture and in the navy the helmets were repainted over the factory paint. great piece, mine is a more navy color grey with numbers on the back, but is korean war. do you have any writing or markings on yours?

I disagree, I had a Detroit riot please m1 from the 60's that I sold at a garage sale a year or so back. Same exact paint sprayed. Even had a World War Two Westinghouse liner. This says police to me 110%

very good point

ok thanks for the replys guys i was thinking that the blue might be to light to be navy. so riot police sound like that wat this might be thanks gunakibomb.

Quote by patches3 View Post
    in my opinion, the helmet seems navy because in the photos you can still see that the helmet retains its cork texture and in the navy the helmets were repainted over the factory paint. great piece, mine is a more navy color grey with numbers on the back, but is korean war. do you have any writing or markings on yours?
    no theres no marking under or on the helmet from what i can see the liner has a name and number on the in side but not shore if the liner is original to the helmet.

i might leve this helmet as it is i do have a od cover. i might put on it. or i was going to take the blue paint off. do you guys think that would be ok or just leve it as it is. it is a bit of US history in its own right. or are they a very common.

i have only seen a couple of pots with this shade of blue on ebay ever ounce in a while and never complete, i would leave it.

Quote by patches3 View Post
    i have only seen a couple of pots with this shade of blue on ebay ever ounce in a while and never complete, i would leave it.
    yea i think i will thanks patches. be silly to mess around with it i think this m1 makes a bit or change from all the green lids

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast