Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar

Article about: This is a rear seam M1, with original sewn straps, brass hardware, and heat stamp of 941I, which should place the date of manufacture sometime in 1944. It appears that the exterior was repai

Default Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar

This is a rear seam M1, with original sewn straps, brass hardware, and heat stamp of 941I, which should place the date of manufacture sometime in 1944. It appears that the exterior was repainted dark (KW?) green and then the shell was camoed with a 1 inch net in place. There is a lieutenant's bar welded to the front. M1's with rank devices are neat, and camoed M1's are pretty rare, so I figured I would post it. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar   Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar  

Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar   Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar  

Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar   Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar  

Default Re: Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar

nice helmet. It could be camo, but pattern looks like a net was on it a one time.

Default Re: Camoed M1 - Rear Seam - Lieutenant's Bar

I like that helmet,Jim is correct about the camo detail.Very hard to find camo M1 helmet and very collectable most camo helmet were done by airborne troops.

Chris