Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Can you date this M1 Helmet ?

Article about: I bought it one year ago in Switzerland, is it an original M1 or a reproduction ? And if it's not a fake one, can you maybe date it ? Thank you in advance !

Question Can you date this M1 Helmet ?

I bought it one year ago in Switzerland, is it an original M1 or a reproduction ?
    And if it's not a fake one, can you maybe date it ?

Thank you in advance !

Well... it certainly isn't an M1 helmet, and although I am not well up on Eastern Bloc helmets, I think that this is possibly a Czech VZ53 with a probable date of 1955.

Not a M1 helmet but the coke bottle in the back ground is a real coke bottle. LOL

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

You're right ! Thanks for the informations

That is a real computer behind the coke bottle behind the NON-US helmet ; )

BTW, I am guessing it was made in 1955.
    Just a guess though.

Quote by anton67 View Post
    that is a real computer behind the coke bottle behind the non-us helmet ; )

btw, i am guessing it was made in 1955.
    Just a guess though.
    lol
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Harry is correct, Czech Vz53, the crossed swords are the acceptance stamp 1955

Welcome to the forum,

You are sure to enjoy it here and bound to benefit from the amazing range of knowledge available!

Please don't take this the wrong way as it is a serious observation but to me if you are looking to add an M1 (I presume you mean the original US M1 rather than one of the many clones) to your collection, it would be a very good idea to familiarise yourself with the actual appearance of the M1 (before the finer details) as this helmet doesn't look very much like an M1 at all. Rather it has the obvious paternal appearance of the soviet helmets on which it is based.

I don't expect the coke bottle will be that collectible for some time either but perhaps you could use the contents as metal cleaner (no wait, it doesn't do that any more does it?)

Just for my interest, is the chinstrap deliberately placed over the rather large cut in the liner?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."