Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?

Article about: hi all , can you help me ? what are your opinions on this helmet ? its in mint condition

Default can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?

hi all ,
    what are your opinions on this helmet ?
    thanks in advance
    can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?
    Last edited by Australia; 05-29-2015 at 08:01 AM.

4md
    ?

looks like a good lid to me, nice one

Thanks 4md ,
    What the price market for a mint one these days. I will be keeping this one

Quote by Australia View Post
    Thanks 4md ,
    What the price market for a mint one these days. I will be keeping this one
    G'day mate,

A nice un-molested Aussie M1 here.

Aussie M1's are becoming relatively rare, to my knowledge, many were recycled while Kevlar helms were issued in the early 1990's.

I have been watching these Aussie made M1's being sold on ebay and gumtree for between 50 and 100 AUST dollars. I would recommend keeping it as you say, complete Aussie (and original US made) M1s from any period are getting more valuable.

Kind regards,
    Chris

?

I got to keep my M1 when we got the kevlars in 1999..... Q store didn't want them back, I still have it, and I was fortunate enough to find 3 more on the side of the road a month ago during a council clean up

?

Kevlar wasn't issued widely until we were involved in East Timor in 1999.....Kevlar was issued in 1993/4 for the Somalia deployment, but these were US made helmets......the only units that had them issued prior to 99 were the ODF in Townsville, and the infantry battalions......I still have my Timor issue Kevlar somewhere

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Kevlar wasn't issued widely until we were involved in East Timor in 1999.....Kevlar was issued in 1993/4 for the Somalia deployment, but these were US made helmets......the only units that had them issued prior to 99 were the ODF in Townsville, and the infantry battalions......I still have my Timor issue Kevlar somewhere
    Very interesting info AMTG. Great finds regarding the other Aussie M1's!

My brother served in East Timor during the 2006 crisis. The Kevlar helmet he used is one of my prize possessions, purely because these are still hard to come by for non-military civilians. I may be wrong but I believe it to be a 1994 US made example, which goes to show that even in 2006 the early US made examples were still be issued. I love how a quick comparison to a WWII pot shows how similar the liner design is despite 50 odd years between them!

May I ask if during your service, you had ever seen the Aus Cam covers for Aussie made M1's? I have heard they did exist, but were very rare to see. I would love to see one!

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?   can you please help with aussie issue M1 helmet ?