Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chaplain helmet cold war

Article about: A mint condition chaplain helmet that belonged to Father David Reeson, I do not know if he just never used the helmet or if for some reason he had two, I believe he just had the one. The hel

Default Chaplain helmet cold war

A mint condition chaplain helmet that belonged to Father David Reeson, I do not know if he just never used the helmet or if for some reason he had two, I believe he just had the one. The helmet is from the 1980-1990 time frame.

Marty

Father David Reeson is celebrating his silver jubilee in the Middle East as an active duty lieutenant colonel in the Air Force, serving as Wing Chaplain for the 39th Air Base Wing at Incirlik Airforce Base in Turkey.

The son of Dennis and Darlene (Cusick) Reeson of Fremont, he was born Nov. 13, 1952. He graduated from St. Patrick Grade School and attended Bishop Bergan High School in Fremont. He graduated from Fremont Public High School.

He attended the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and St. Thomas College in St. Paul, Minn. His graduate work and preparation for the priesthood were done at St. Thomas Seminary in Denver and Creighton University in Omaha.

Following his ordination, he was assistant pastor of St. Bernard (1980-84) and Christ the King (1984-1987), both in Omaha. From 1987 to 1995, he served as Director of Vocations for the archdiocese and Campus Ministry at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. He was in residence in at St Pius X in 1987.

He entered the United States Air Force as a reserve chaplain in 1981 and became an active duty chaplain in 1995. He was the Catholic chaplain at Offutt Air Force Base from 1981-1995, and served in Croatia, Macedonia. In 1998, he was granted an extended leave of absence from the Archdiocese of Omaha

His work in the Air Force has taken him to several bases in the United States, as well as Greenland and Turkey.

He will relocate from Turkey to Al Udied, Qatar (near Saudi Arabia) in July 2005."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chaplain helmet cold war   Chaplain helmet cold war  

Chaplain helmet cold war  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Another winner Marty! Congrats!

The Chaplain collection is coming along very nicely!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Michael, I did not have a one with a m81 woodland cover, it will look well in the display I am trying to put together.

Marty

...why did this one not join your thread on the same topic.....what am I missing?..is it a period thing?

'nice helmet tho

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...why did this one not join your thread on the same topic.....what am I missing?..is it a period thing?

'nice helmet tho
    I posted a different thread for each era of helmet so when a person Googles ‘cold war’ ‘vietnam Era’ ‘national guard’ chaplain( not saying anyone would) the item in question would come up. I did it for research reasons. I will also put the helmet in the chaplain thread, not for double exposures or showing off anything but again for reference.
    The m1 Chaplain helmet thread turned into a different direction and the title and location is now misleading but hopefully will be a good reference for Chaplain material.

Marty

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chaplain helmet cold war   Chaplain helmet cold war  

Chaplain helmet cold war   Chaplain helmet cold war  

?

Great pick up Marty!!
    I'm happy for ya.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great pick up Marty!!
    I'm happy for ya.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil.

Marty

Marty,

It is a top shelf helmet.. Pristine condition.. Glad you are the caretaker of this artifact..

Best regards

Smitty

Smitty, I look forward to your input and thank you for the thumbs up. The helmet is very minty and is a plus but I do love used helmets.

Brother in Christ,

Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast