Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Colorful m1 helmet

Article about: by Walkwolf Easter Parade ??? Looks like a very good candidate for a restoration/refurb with fresh paint, straps and an added liner......... "In your Easter Bonnet....with all the frill

Default Colorful m1 helmet

So i have seen this m1 up for a while and decided to see if i could get it low. I ended up getting it for $25. It is all diffrent colors and fixed bale. It has blueish- white paint so i thought maybe navy and then post war yellow paint? I thought that i would see how it looks when i get it and if it is bad i will give it a cover. Please tell me what you think about maybe why it has the colors it does.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Colorful m1 helmet   Colorful m1 helmet  

?

Default Re: Colorful m1 helmet

Save your money this helmet is a lost cause it looks like some has just applied all kinds of paint it is missing the straps, and all it is, is a shell there are plenty of good ww2 shells out there for cheap

Actually I just did my nightly eBay search and there's a navy lid just posted that's battleship grey with the grey liner as well. Only about 50 right now. Maybe check it out, he has it at world war 2 or army not navy though.

Ok, i will check. Thanks.

I did some more research and found that the navy painted them like this. Cqn you send thr link to the helmet you talked about above?

What colors besides the diffrent colors of blue did the navy paint their helmets?

Easter Parade ???

Looks like a very good candidate for a restoration/refurb with
    fresh paint, straps and an added liner.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I've seen yellowish colors, silverish, battleship grey, red, baby blue. They had tons of different positions to coordinate with colors. I know red was fire control. Perhaps start another thread in discussions asking that question as someone with more knowledge will help you.

I will start another and see if others have other unique pictures of navy helmets

The grey paint looks navy to me, but I am not sure as for the yellow coat over that. Perhaps refurbished for construction?

The paint under the grey appears too green to be the original OD-green base coat, and the dark splotches look to be the actual steel color of the helmet.

As for the red, it's hard to tell what coat it is. Is it under the grey?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast