Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

"CT" marking on m1

Article about: Hello, I am looking to buy a lid for my m1 liner, but would like some info on it before I make the jump. It's a front seam swivel bale with khaki straps. Near the front of the lid is a heat

Default "CT" marking on m1

Hello, I am looking to buy a lid for my m1 liner, but would like some info on it before I make the jump. It's a front seam swivel bale with khaki straps. Near the front of the lid is a heat stamp that looks to say "CT". I've done a bit of searching but can't find what it means.

"CT" marking on m1 "CT" marking on m1

Thanks

?

Default Re: "CT" marking on m1

It almost certainly is the initials of a former owner of the helmet scratched into it.

"CT" marking on m1

Andy

Some sort of personalizing,has nothing to do with the production of the helmet itself......Jake.

Ah, really? No wonder I couldn't find anything on it then Well, it's always neat to find a personalized item here or there. It's either this helm or a fixed bale I've spotted. I do like this one though. It has a lot of "personality" so to speak. Tell me, though, just out of curiosity, does the chin strap appear to be blood-stained to you folks?

"CT" marking on m1

Sorry for digging this up, but does the helmet itself look WW2 period? It's just really bugging me seeing as how I wasn't there to bid on it

?

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    Sorry for digging this up, but does the helmet itself look WW2 period? It's just really bugging me seeing as how I wasn't there to bid on it
    Yes, definitely WW2.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks It will be some time before I find another lid in this condition. It went for 45$ (plus shipping) The problem for me is finding a lid without the liner that's not priced ridiculously high.

Edit: (and 45$ is ridiculously low in my opinion)

?

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    Thanks It will be some time before I find another lid in this condition. It went for 45$ (plus shipping) The problem for me is finding a lid without the liner that's not priced ridiculously high.

Edit: (and 45$ is ridiculously low in my opinion)
    They are out there, with patience and a keen eye, you'll grab the right one.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]