Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

D-day?

Article about: Hi all, I recently came across this helmet... Here is the seller's description below: Offered here is a WWII US Army helmet w/ liner, netting and personal Field Dressing Kit. I acquired a ha

Default D-day?

Hi all,

I recently came across this helmet... Here is the seller's description below:

Offered here is a WWII US Army helmet w/ liner, netting and personal Field Dressing Kit. I acquired a half dozen helmets recently and this was one of them. I am not a helmet expert by any means. This helmet I do know, was used in a full D-Day mannequin display. The mannequin soldier was out fitted in authentic detail from head to toe as though he landed on D-Day and displayed at numerous American Legion Halls during the 1980's thru the mid to late '90's.

Do you think there's a chance it is authentic? Thanks in advance!

D-day?D-day?D-day?D-day?D-day?D-day?D-day?

I can say with 99.9% certainty that this helmet did not see D-Day 6/44. Nice helmet but would like to see close up pictures of the liner,buckles,etc.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

You should always buy the item, not the story. Remember that the owner can concoct any tall tale he wants to to increase the appeal of the item he's trying to sell to you. Unless they have rock solid provenance to back that up, you should consider any such stories as hyperbole.

Regards, B.B.

I don't think this type of helmet net was issued until after D-day. Nice helmet, but the rest is just a story.