Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Dating My Liner

Article about: Hello there. I have had this liner in my possession for as long as I can remember and I think it is time for me to start learning more about it. So here's what I know: It was made by Firesto

Default Dating My Liner

Hello there. I have had this liner in my possession for as long as I can remember and I think it is time for me to start learning more about it. So here's what I know:
    It was made by Firestone
    It is an M1c liner with a yellow 40
    It came with the original parachutist "It's your head--keep it" pamphlet
    The sweatband was made in 1974

however, what I can't seem to figure out is what year was this liner made. I hear things of p64 and p67, but what do these mean? Thanks everyone for looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dating My Liner   Dating My Liner  

Here more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dating My Liner   Dating My Liner  

Very nice liner, I would call this one mint and a great example of a early to mid seventies liner.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thank you so much! Its been bugging me for the past week, but I have another question for you. When did Firestone begin and end their production of M1C liners?

I can't really find anything online that would give solid answers for this, thanks again.

I don’t have that answer but there are a few other m1 helmets guys that may have the answer. Hopefully they will be along soon. Great liner.

Marty

Firestones first official contract for producing the type11 airborne liner was in 1962 on the P55 program this was there only contract.also in 1962 10'000 liners were piloted/tested by Westinghouse/General tyres,this would become known as the P64 program Firestone had just two contracts the first issued in 1964 and again in 1967,if you remove the sweatband/headband croc clip on the right side of the webbing you will see the DSA contract info etc.so in total just three contracts were issued.hope this helps.Mark Reynosa's postwar M1 book is a little outdated now as new info is surfacing regularly,however the vast majority of info is still pretty accurate,in there your find all contract/dates etc.

I knew Jake would have an answer to the question.

Marty

Thank you for this!