Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

diamond ega usmc cover

Article about: so i have been looking around and havefound some info on the diamond patch with the detailed ega. from my understanding they were added to the covers later. does anyone know more about these

Default diamond ega usmc cover

so i have been looking around and havefound some info on the diamond patch with the detailed ega. from my understanding they were added to the covers later. does anyone know more about these thatcould share? i found one and wanted to know if i should jump on the offer if they are hard to find let it alone being a ww2 usmc cover.

i have a m1 with a dimond patch and ega stamp now i think what i can rember reading they came about in the 50s. 1956 these pacthers came about. and i found images of these covers being used in the veitnam war. i have a post on this thread with my m1 but dont no how to put a link on here. i think there nice covers.

here some pics of my cover. and USMC soilder in veitnam.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture diamond ega usmc cover   diamond ega usmc cover  

diamond ega usmc cover  

are these worth getting in any condition? i would think they are rare because they were used shortlyssq

?

I think they are quite rare, as these were rare cover in Vietnam, in my is printed directly on the cover.

diamond ega usmc cover

yea not shore if there rare. i did read somewere that these covers were easy and cheap to get at one stage, but dont hold me on that. i have not come across many or none only the one i have. i live right down the bottom of the world tho and lot of stuff is hard to come bye.
    but if the cover that you are looking at is in very poor condition, well you would think the price should not be to high. a lot of stuff is listed as rare on ebay i think everything on there is rare ha ha. but some of the m1 collectors on this site that have been collecting for a good amount of years might be able say if that these covers were or still are hard to come bye.

These are very hard to find covers I believe the only ones that are really "common" I would say is the 1953 dated covers with EGA stamps but even the supply of those are drying up.

I'm assuming you mean the Vietnam era one on eBay? It's salty for the price he's askkng

yes,that is one of the ones i created the thread for. i like the look but it does have alot of damage. do you think the damage is from sun?

Probably that with a combination of rain. Forest Gump didn't exaggerate, it rained for days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast