Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?

Article about: by battle gear I agree, I have only seen photos from the late 1970's with this type of foliage cover, mostly used by the French on the F1 para helmet they also use this alot in the middle ea

Default Re: did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?

heres some updated and more clearer pictures with the desert goggles did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  

?

Default Re: did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?

Getting slightly off topic, although still camouflage related , i thought i would check on my GS no6 kevlar that was given to me by a friend who was in Desert Storm whilst serving with the RAF regt, i knew it had the normal European standard camo cover ,but curiosity got the better of me so i started to remove the cover, i am gobsmacked, its still got his desert camo cover underneath, after all this time i never knew it had two covers, the desert cover is in near perfect condition, now for the really weird bit, when i took both covers off, the helmet had a form of camo itself, triangular shapes in desert yellow, but on the front of the helmet in black print is my surname which bears absolutely no relation to his, ive just phoned him and told him this , the reply came back, "thats why I gave it to you, you plonker", i am speechless, after all this time now he tells me, apparently it was a pal of his who was injured and was sent back to England but then had to leave the regt because of the injury so he brought the helmet back home with him, the wife is sitting with me and keeps asking why ive got a silly grin on my face

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3