Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Early M1

Article about: I have seen this early M1 for sale. Anyway, that is what I assume it is, as it has fixed bales, stainless rim and front seem. This is my first American lid. Any thoughts please? What is a fa

?

Default Early M1

I have seen this early M1 for sale. Anyway, that is what I assume it is, as it has fixed bales, stainless rim and front seem. This is my first American lid. Any thoughts please? What is a fair value please?Early M1Early M1Early M1Early M1Early M1Early M1Early M1Early M1

The sweatband would be postwar and likely Vietnam era due to the OD green. The helmet itself is nice but the paint job has seen far better days. If its cheap enough go for it but I wouldn't spend more than 60 or so on it personally, but I've become picky. But as a first helmet I see no issues if you really like it.

?

Is the liner original to the helmet, or a later addition?

Hard to tell as there's only one photo of the liner in the helmet. Judging from how it fits in the one photo (which is poor) theres a good chance it is just because it sits nicely and isn't slid out. No way to know for sure until you have it in hand.

- - Updated - -

Hard to tell as there's only one photo of the liner in the helmet. Judging from how it fits in the one photo (which is poor) theres a good chance it is just because it sits nicely and isn't slid out. No way to know for sure until you have it in hand.

Both shell + liner are of 43 production and re-issued postwar most likely Korea with postwar repaint too............Jake.