Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question

Article about: I got a M1 helmet and wanted to run it by the experts on this forum. everything looks good and all the parts are marked correctly but the paint looks a little odd to me compared to other WW2

Default Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question

I got a M1 helmet and wanted to run it by the experts on this forum. everything looks good and all the parts are marked correctly but the paint looks a little odd to me compared to other WW2 helmets since it such a light and I cant see the marker mark under the paint. I have been told by one collector that it was all original and it was a schlueter m1 helmet early war pot with a late war liner in it but that is all I know was just looking for a few more opinions on it thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question   Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question  

Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question   Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question  

Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question   Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question  

Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question  

a few more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question   Early M1 helmet front seam fixed bail question  

It is a ww2 m1 helmet fixed loop as said. The liner a late war liner but I would like to see the leather chinstrap buckle and the helmet chinstrap buckle plus the J hook. The loops look to be Schlueter.
    Who is the make of the liner.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

thank you here is one of the chin strap and another of the liner really hard to read the number on the buckle but it says united carr on it.

I can get better pictures of the j hook and chinstrap added later

The bras buckle is late war also. Do you have pictures of the helmet buckle and J hook?
    The helmet liner manufacturer is on the inside on the dome.
    Marty

liner maker is westinghouse

these are the last 2 pictures I have I will have to get more later hope they help thanks again

Westinghouse was a very common maker but I like what i see so far.
    Marty

Looks pretty nice to my eyes as well.
    John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast