MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!

Article about: Here's an interesting Liner indeed,as the information on these is practically none existent,I did speak with a guy but still haven't really got to the bottom of all late war and early post w

Default Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!

Here's an interesting Liner indeed,as the information on these is practically none existent,I did speak with a guy but still haven't really got to the bottom of all late war and early post war Airborne Liners.
    This myth about "Rigger style" made Liners is something that really annoys me,yes they did/do exist but not every Liner that is seen with its A Frames placed seperately to the webbing automatically qualifies it for this grading,what we have here is a Capac Korean War Infantry Liner that was surplus to existing stocks that was re-fitted/converted to Airborne configuration,I guess in the late 1950's early 1960's as a gap filler awaiting for the P64 program,The liner retains is darker olive drab textured paint,the nape is dated 1962 and the chin-cotton cup is made up from both OD3/OD7 webbing,certainly a talking as well as a collectable piece.thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!   Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!  

Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!   Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!  

?

Beautiful example of this KW era of Para liner Jake, they are pretty slim on the ground...and obviously I do not own one, but would be very pleased if I did.

Is it yours?

Yes mate it is,thanks for popping by...............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Yes mate it is,thanks for popping by...............

Lucky so and so, and good one Jake, thanks for sharing another one of your gems

Default Capac para liner

Hi ruddersrangers44 what do you think of this liner. The webbing appears to all be ww2 compared to yours. Would really appreciate your opinion thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!   Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!  

Its exactly the same Liner as the example i've shown both are Capac Factory 1951 Airborne type 11,its just the light of the pics plus your example is just dirtier,hope thats helped..............

Thanks for that I am most grateful.

Hi Jake I decided to buy that capac M1C liner and noticed some differences to the rivets holding the A frames compared to yours. I have took some pics and wait anxiously for your opinion

Early vietnam Airborne Liner!!!!!!  

Its a shame i never kept a particular email from a really nice guy over at USMF,he knows a lot about Airborne Liners,and i asked him the very same thing about the two differant types of rivets fitted out for the A frames,your type is seen on late ww2 conversions which were done at the factory but also by the 11th Airborne Rigger style,the type shown on mine are primary postwar Korean period fitted but obviously stocks of the earlier pattern were still being used well into the 1950's.hope this has helped a little.

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    Hi Jake I decided to buy that capac M1C liner and noticed some differences to the rivets holding the A frames compared to yours. I have took some pics and wait anxiously for your opinion
    I had a feeling you were the winning bidder,well done either way on a great early postwar example...............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast