Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay M1C.

Article about: Any thoughts on this Bad boy as the bidding is regular and increasing daily up to \\$600.

Default Ebay M1C.

Any thoughts on this Bad boy as the bidding is regular and increasing daily up to $600.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ebay M1C.   Ebay M1C.  

Ebay M1C.   Ebay M1C.  

Ebay M1C.   Ebay M1C.  

Ebay M1C.  

The helmet is on us militria forum and the consensus is it is a fake. Reproduction chinstrap and a few other things. I do not know so I can not say.
    There's my two cents worth,
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I always ask Jake. so i am stumped on this

I just thought as the US M1 Steel Helmet forum wasn't moving along much i would add this conversational piece.as already mentioned by Marty the webbed chinstraps are awful aged repro's and the leather chinstrap appears to be as well.the heavy textured black paint could be from anywhere.i can't see how any ww2 or korean issued Helmet set would carry this paint scheme.the Liner may well be totally original,but when the other negatives have to be mentioned then who really knows.it beggers belief how so called collectors can seriously bid on this.they obviously don't know diddley squat about there field.i pity the poor sucker who wins this i really do................

When you think a totally original Factory M1C set with a Westinghouse Liner hit figures of $3000 so add a unit marked Helmet and named to boot you could be looking at a price of $7000 and upwards.so i guess $600 is a steal and no doubt end up at a military fair.....

Jake with all of the really good fakes out there and you know who making more of them, and his skill is getting really good, in 20 years you will not be able to tell it from a real one. The plain helmets will be and are becoming more desirable.
    It is getting truly disappointing and disheartening with the fakes out there and the skills getting better where are we as a collecting going? Are prices going to start dropping? Are the youth of today interested in this field? To be honest and this is hard to say I am contemplating selling off my collection with the exception of my firearms. That would mean selling helmets,daggers,swords,medals and field gear.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I hear you Marty my friend.it's more worrying to think that these altered Helmets may of well been 100% wartime originals which have now been totally ruined forever.hence why i only have plain original stuff.the problem is all those originals way back in the good old days went into collections rarely to ever see the light of day etc.so with such a dried up market fakers are on the increase ten fold.maybe every now and again an original may surface but it will command such an astronomical price it would be snapped up before we ever even got wind of it.......

Sellers have really added premium to original examples,and has pushed this collecting field beyond many keen collectors.for any one wanting to get into this business it must be so frustrating looking at the overwhelming outlay for a decent original set.