Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

EGA Diamond for a M1 Helmet cover

Article about: These days I got this diamond with an EGA. He was sewn and was removed. What is your opinion about this? Original? and if so, from what period? Best regards

Default EGA Diamond for a M1 Helmet cover

These days I got this diamond with an EGA. He was sewn and was removed.

What is your opinion about this?

Original? and if so, from what period?

Best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EGA Diamond for a M1 Helmet cover   EGA Diamond for a M1 Helmet cover  

?

Looks like a reproduction to me, the backing of the frogskin shouldn't be white like that.

it is not a Pattern 43 "frogskin" garment. This is from the "Mitchell" Pattern since 1959. In the net i found some others of this diamonds.

?

Backing still shouldn’t be white, also the stamp is from for the period. This is a repro

What do you mean by white?

There is still very old hardened white tape stuck on the back around the edges.

?

I think the white bit is iron-on bonding tape, used to fix the folded edge down.
    Cannot comment on any originality or period, so I defer to the Gentlemen above.

Here, for example, such a diamond is shown on a Mitchel cover (last contribution). Just another model of the stamp:

USMC M1 helmet cover

?

Did you look at the thread, the stamp is wrong, nearly every one I’ve seen has the same stamp which is 50s/60s period. Your piece has a WW2 vintage stamp makes no sense since these were not GI done. Sorry but yours is a repro

Hi,

no this stamp is a version (the eagle carries a streamer) which was used since 1953/54.

Office of U.S. Marine Corps Communication > Units > Marine Corps Trademark Licensing Program > History

?

Look at the thread with the diamond covers none have the same stamp. Every single legit one I've seen has the same stamp, with the open globe. These were depot made, Marines just didnt slap an extra piece of cloth on the front and add their own stamp