Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Elite Militaria

Article about: Elite Militaria is an Aussie outfit on eBay. This is for sale at the moment, and it's interesting as to what they have to say about it. "Confirmed by an expert Nick Howard of Top Pots,

?

Default Elite Militaria

Elite Militaria is an Aussie outfit on eBay.
    This is for sale at the moment, and it's interesting as to what they have to say about it.

"Confirmed by an expert Nick Howard of Top Pots, who in his life time has handled over 20,000 M1 Helmets, his conclusion is, that this a 100% original late World War II issue U.S. M1C Airborne Paratrooper Helmet, we talked to him on the phone and didn't really quite understand what he was talking about. You could always contact him if you have any questions regarding this particular helmet."

Elite Militaria

Elite Militaria

Elite Militaria

Elite Militaria

The rest of this thing is here:

SCARCE ORIGINAL LATE WW2 US ARMY M1C PARATROOPER AIRBORNE HELMET | eBay

Any thoughts gentlemen? Anybody had any dealings with him? He seems quite popular. I wonder what they couldn't understand on the phone?

Andy

And if you want to see the rare Brit Para:

SCARCE BRITISH PARA AIRBORNE PARATROOPER HELMET SUEZ CRISIS SAND CAMOUFLAGED | eBay

(I'll post this on the correct forum)

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 02-20-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Default Re: Elite Militaria

WW2 M1C hmmm for that price i'll have two please,another rigger setup?,a real one 3x that amount.......Jake

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    WW2 M1C hmmm for that price i'll have two please,another rigger setup?,a real one 3x that amount.......Jake
    The paint still looks wet.

Andy

Check out "helmets of the third reich"the collectors guide Andy there you will find the real deal,all as it should be......yours for a cool $4000.......Jake.

A good sales pitch to hump the price on a 50's British para lid which otherwise would be worth half or less of what they are asking. A shame they don't think any provenance is needed to call it that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A good sales pitch to hump the price on a 50's British para lid which otherwise would be worth half or less of what they are asking. A shame they don't think any provenance is needed to call it that.
    How do they have 100% feedback?
    Crazy.

Andy

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    How do they have 100% feedback?
    Crazy.

Andy
    Many buyers don't know any better and also Ebay pressure you not to give negative or even neutral feedback from my experience.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think Jerry has hit the nail on the head.....buyers are steered away from leaving negitive feedback,which isn't right but at the same time the buyer who is prepared to shell out that amount of cash would naturally be expected to know there ....when it comes to collecting....but im with Andy they shoudn't be allowed to get away with it.......Jake.

Hmm, No likey! No likey!
    Rod

?

I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall with that "telephone conversation." I wonder what would happen if we asked them for Nick Howards phone number?

Andy

EDIT:

I just asked them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast