Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A few M1 helmets

Article about: Hello I would like to show you some m1 helmets, I am not an expert and I know very little about those helmets so would be great if anyone can help me First one is (I think) from early 50s? C

?

Default A few M1 helmets

Hello
    I would like to show you some m1 helmets, I am not an expert and I know very little about those helmets so would be great if anyone can help me

First one is (I think) from early 50s? Can't find any numbers on the shell, liner has Westinghouse and CAPAC 51,52,53, strap has UC 3 signatures, leather one is from belgian helmet and netting is also something from Europe (but it looks nice)

A few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmets

?

2nd one, this is well,
    something? xD
    shell is probably from 1980s, cover, badge, etc, added to look better
    Liner is MP? Berlin brigade? Westinghouse, Micarta 1958
    A few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmets

?

3rd, helmet cover is from 1972, liner has only 1 signature (7-), sweatband has 1970, shell has 316_ numbers, it may be from 70s?
    A few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmets

?

This one has liner from the 80s, shell was repainted several times, has 16 H visible signatures

A few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmets

?

This is only a shell, but looks like there was a sticker or something what looks like triangle and something on the back, this one is wituout rant but I can finally read numbers ;P (1282A)
    (tanker helmet is post war german production)

?

And now this liner, I don't know what is this, some sort of military police? Or it's fake?
    Westinghouse, Micarta 1961 and MSA

?

This one is repainted United Nations, what I know it was used by Polish soldier during mission in Syria in 1960s (every other helmet Polish army got in that time was very uncomfortable to wear on the desert so m1 liners were pretty common), it has repainted square stickers under the blue paint, Westinghouse,

A few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmetsA few M1 helmets

?

Aaand the last one
    It is probalby from some military school? Where it was used by staff seregant? US 13 and small 8. Sweatband is from the 80s, same as neckband
    That is all
    Thank you for any help and sorry for the long post

Great looking helmets and liners..

A crying shame for the Berlin Brigade liner as it appears to have been painted over for use as a MP liner at one point... This is an earlier Berlin Brigade SPECIAL TROOPS Decal.

I was stationed in Berlin and I still have 3 of my black parade liners with my 502nd Infantry Crest and BERLIN decals on my liners..

As for the other liner with the insignia on the front with the red white and blue and 3 stars...

This is a very nice Labor Service insignia that was used post War.. There were several different Labor Services that worked for the Allies at their Kaserns and other offices..

When I was stationed in Berlin the Guards at the Gates of the US Army Barracks were members of the German 6941st Guard Battalion. They wore OD green fatigues and green US Army Field Jackets and helmet liners similar to this one.. The German Labor Service Insignia was al little different from this version..

This is the rarest in the grouping of liners you have.. Very nice to have one of these.. It deserves to have a shelf of its own..

Smitty

Here are some links for the Labor Service units and Insignia

History of the US Forces in Germany Labor Service and Civilian Support Organization/Geschichte des Labor Service und der Civilian Support Organisation der US Streitkräfte in Europa

USAREUR Units & Kasernes, 1945 - 1989

Here is a member of a Guard Battalion wearing the liner with the decal that is shown by the OP..

Smitty
    Attached Images Attached Images A few M1 helmets 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast