Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

finally is this the real deal?

Article about: have to tell this story from a couple of years ago that i got told,some clearance men in the US were clearing a large building for new ownership,the place was empty apart from this crate way

Default finally is this the real deal?

following up on the last great debate regarding original C looped M2 lids,is this geronimo gingerbread man for real?if so how is it i saw this last year for sale on the same site?is it the site hasn't been updated and the shell was sold,or are there now way to many doubters to even think about touching it,a cool £1800 or $3000 its yours,any thoughts guys because it certainly looks like every M1 collectors heaven,dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture finally is this the real deal?   finally is this the real deal?  

finally is this the real deal?   finally is this the real deal?  

finally is this the real deal?  

?

Default Re: finally is this the real deal?

IMO the pictures are not good enough to make a judgement on originality better close up pic's of the D loops would be needed but from what i can make out I'll say fake.

I have a feeling it might be aged by some guy looking for money. The sad reality of collectors.

(That some people will screw you over for money)

?

Pic 4 and 5. White paint does not match. Later overpaint. Beware.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-01-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

cheers guys maybe thats the reason its still on that site for sale then,shall i contact him hymm dont think he will be impressed especially as he wants that amount of money,dave

?

you can try but either the seller knows its fake & is trying it on or they believe its real & wont take any notice of you & even maybe accuse you of trying to pull a scam to get the helmet at a much cheaper price.

your most probably right nick,so the morrell of the story is that military sites away from ebay cannot be trusted either,what a sad world we live in when taking full advantage of someone's hard earned money is by far more important than the very history that we are trying to preserve,iv'e lost count of the many items being flogged off as ww2 artifacts which are infact postwar production and usually not even of that countries origin.when did having no conscience first raise its ugly head,i so do not like these type of people,dave

I’ve noticed that a lot of fakes don’t have chinstraps fitted , that must be one of the hardest things for them to copy IMO.
    You can see on this one on the outside of the shell the marks where they have burned the paint from welding the bales on, don’t get me wrong this apparently did occur to field repaired bales.
    Heres a nice link to some gingerbread helmets that were found in a shed that I found interesting.
    Fantastics relics: 509th PIB "Gingerbread" helmets - U.S. Militaria Forum
    Regards
    Rod

great link rod these have to be the real deal surely no one could or would go to this much grief to sell a fake would they,what a dream find,what beauties,dave

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    great link rod these have to be the real deal surely no one could or would go to this much grief to sell a fake would they,what a dream find,what beauties,dave
    I have dreams about that, find of the Century? They still must be out there, somewhere.
    This time next year, Rodney....

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-02-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast