Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Finally a year of waiting - ww2 m1 rear seam swivel bail

Article about: A week ago, when going to the local flea market again to check the new addition of helmet from my trusted seller, i saw something interesting on the chinstrap on one of the helmet. And im re

Talking Finally a year of waiting - ww2 m1 rear seam swivel bail

A week ago, when going to the local flea market again to check the new addition of helmet from my trusted seller, i saw something interesting on the chinstrap on one of the helmet. And im really excited when i see the chinstrap closely Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail . Finally, i realize i got myself a WW2 rear seam swivel bail m1 complete with the liner! After i bought it, i check the helmet closely in home and i found the heatstamp
    1235F really faint in there Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail . The helmet shell basically in a good shape although the strap is a resewn during the time. And i also find a number 3B inside the shell maybe denoting 3rd batallion B company. Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail

But the liner is not in good condition and also the rivet its been changed too in there. Btw it's westinghouse with the number "37".
    Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail

We also can see the old m1 paint in there too Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bailFinally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail

And the number "1496" on the front and the rear shell, i think its denoting a number for training purposes.
    This is the photo of my father (helmet number 132 - the one who smile) back in early 90's. When conducting military training although he's a civil servant at that time. Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail

Also i just realize, it's one year have passed since i got the front seam swivel bail helmet
    ( Found the match! Front seam, swivel bail shell )
    Finally the 3 brothers of ww2 m1 reunited (front seam fixed bail, front seam swivel bail, rear seam swivel bail)
    Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail
    Although the liner is not in great condition, and it's late war helmet also i think it's never used in the ww2 battlefield (i guess its used by the dutch army during indonesian independence war), for me the satisfaction is immense. Since getting a rear seam swivel bail helmet in here is extremely difficult. Because the abundance amount of the euro clone m1 in here. And the price is approximately $15.
    Finally a year of waiting - ww2  m1 rear seam swivel bail
    Im really happy.

Nice find! Really salty with a lot of personality; I like it!

Looks like it's been through a WAR, lol !
    You take what you can get I suppose.

Cost may be a factor, but have you
    tried ebay.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    Nice find! Really salty with a lot of personality; I like it!
    Thank you! And i really agree as well, its have unique personality indeed.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Looks like it's been through a WAR, lol !
    You take what you can get I suppose.

Cost may be a factor, but have you
    tried ebay.........?
    lol
    Hmm i never try that because i dont have any paypal account.
    Although i also used the local online shopping in here. There's some treasure in there too (i got one of my favorite collection, the dutch east indies cloned stahlhelm from there too). But in there the knowledge of the local seller regarding helmet is low. I once bought a british mark IV shell but the seller thought that's a soviet helmet. And a seller thought a champagne / wine bottle holder made from brass and in upside down side as a helmet, uhlan pickelhaube style!