Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!

Article about: This is on ebay but I wouldn't be happy winning it,certainly doesn't look correct at all,times must be changing..............

Default Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!

This is on ebay but I wouldn't be happy winning it,certainly doesn't look correct at all,times must be changing..............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!   Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!  

Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!   Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!  

Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!   Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!  

Definitely looks refurbished, chinstrap looks to be Belgium, new webbing and sweatband and the colour of the new rivets match the outer shell suggesting a respray. I bet it will fetch good money too.

Cheers
    Harry

At a guess I would say the Liner is a French mle 51 otan with a rather dodgy Firestone stamp,so poor in fact i've never seen one before that bad,here's a original from Nicks sticky thread,and its nearly £60 oh dear someone's gonna get burned again............when looking at the two there's no comparison at all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Firestone Liner un-issued on ebay!!!!!!! 

Well spotted Jake. At first glance this liner looks like it has a chance apart from the strap. But your correct when you study it more carefully the red flags show. Hopefully you have saved someone money.
    The mark is upside down and it seems to be pressed in instead of raised.
    Here is a picture of mine.

Ah, i did not even consider the stamp to be false, on closer inspection there is not even F on the stamp, are all liner stamps raised?

Cheers
    Harry

personally I have only firestone/Westinghouse/MSA liners and they are all raised though the westys are not as prominent.
    Regards
    Rod

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Ah, i did not even consider the stamp to be false, on closer inspection there is not even F on the stamp, are all liner stamps raised?

Cheers
    Harry
    Correct Harry and the shield is very poor too.

Putting the stamp marking aside the biggest giveaway from the moment I spotted the item for sale are the Rivets there too big and flat to be US made as they stayed the same metric shape and size throughout the entire M1 journey.

?

Good detective work fella's, looks like someone took a Belgium M-51 Liner and added a "Firestone like" stamp, something I have never seen before, well that is to say I have seen plenty of M-51 liners described as US M1 liners ( they are very similar to be fair) but I have never seen an example where someone has gone to the trouble to try and fake the manufacture...odd and an annoying feature!!

Just checked my Firestone and it is raised as well, there is a letter and number underneath the logo, would it be possible to determine the age of production via this stamp on Firestone liners?

Cheers
    Harry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast