Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First pattern high pressure westinghouse liner.

Article about: Finally got a First Pattern Micarta Westinghouse Rayon Liner,produced between may 1942-september 1942,missing the Nape,but overall condition for 70 years young is outstanding,original smooth

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Cheers Gary for such a great comment,the misses just shakes her head and well you know how it is Bud.as your aware these items ain't cheap so I have to make them count when it really matters,these are the first items i've purchased since my late war salty Helmet was shown some 6 plus weeks ago,however its crunch time for me now,if I cannot make the transition over to a low pressure or Hawley then there has to be a cutting off point,dont you think mate,I have nearly all types of High pressure liners which are well documented here at WRF,thanks again........
    No worries Jake, and yes I completely relate as my wife has similar feelings as your's. I gave up years ago trying to source low pressure liners, as they are out of my monthly spending budget. Keep them coming buddy

Just had a horrible thought,I asked the seller weather there was a spare Nape knocking around to which the reply was yes at a cost of $60,do you reckon he removed it then tried to resell it back at a premium,oh well i'll get round it somehow...............
    With Regards Jake.

Just had a horrible thought,I asked the seller weather there was a spare Nape knocking around to which the reply was yes at a cost of $60,do you reckon he removed it then tried to resell it back at a premium,oh well i'll get round it somehow...............
    F'ing REALLY!!!!! yep removed! I hate that!!!
    Regards
    René

I can recommend you a US Ebay seller that has original nape straps marked but not the rayon types, $20 + $10 bucks for shipping (well that's to here Aust) If you wish?
    Regards
    René

Thanks Rene,I was just looking on US ebay,will do a bit of searching around Bud.........
    With Regards Jake.

?

$60 for one of those white Rayon nape straps is not that unreasonable these days. Saw one recently for $75. About 6yrs ago I picked one up for one of my Hawley's and if I remember right paid $30 then. The guy had 4-5 of them surplus find. But those days are gone, Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12