Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fixed bale front seam early m-1 shell with general stars and unknown decals

Article about: by NickD it maybe just me but something about this lid doesn't sit right the tank destroyer decal seems to have had a wash over it in an attempt to give it an aged appearance also the stars

Default Re: Fixed bale front seam early m-1 shell with general stars and unknown decals

Quote by NickD View Post
    it maybe just me but something about this lid doesn't sit right the tank destroyer decal seems to have had a wash over it in an attempt to give it an aged appearance also the stars don't seem right either but as im no expert on this its just a feeling im getting ???

I will have to agree with NickD the stars Are not from ww2 or korea and the decals were made post war.fake helmet .

Default Re: Fixed bale front seam early m-1 shell with general stars and unknown decals

thank you for your information and efforts regarding the insignia.i did pay a lot and now realize that even established dealers may not know their commerce ? or do they recognize a mark?.thank goodness my civil war collection passed with flying colors as i sold off my items.

on a separate positive personal note, i am no longer buying just disposing of many items. i will never sell a known fake and i highly value this website.

I'll buy it ! even if it is fake ..I kinda like it and my grandpa was in the 635th tank destroyer bat. so I think its neat!

It's perfectly fine to sell fake items, just make sure they're listed as such of course. It is kind of a neat looking helmet regardless.

?

There are some obvious markers pointing toward this helmet being a forgery, the least of which is the theatrical aging wash over the insignia. Your doing the right thing by not promoting it as original if you sell it.

if i ever plan to buy something of high value, i will always post it on here first to make sure it's real. that ***** about the helmet.

i think the suggestion to place a high end item on this website is advice well taken.several members have offered to purchase the helmet knowing that is is not what it seems. a family member lusts after it and i will just give it away and make someone happy. thank you for your thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2