Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner

Article about: Hi guys been doing some hunting last week and found this M1 helmet in an online Canadian militaria shop and was very cheap to boot. It is a fixed bale (1st pattern loops) McCord M1 with a st

Default Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner

Hi guys been doing some hunting last week and found this M1 helmet in an online Canadian militaria shop and was very cheap to boot. It is a fixed bale (1st pattern loops) McCord M1 with a stamp number of 367A (dates to December 1942). The chin straps have the flat brass buckle with J hook with the sharp milled tip both blackened. The liner is an MSA liner (Mine Safety Appliance) and was one of the lesser produced liners of WW2 (1.4 million produced) and harder to come by than the likes of a Westinghouse (23 million produced) or a Firestone liner (7.5 million produced). The liner itself is fitted with the green painted steel washers which I can date from early 1943 to mid 1944. Thanks for looking guys and if I have missed anything out please let me know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner   Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner  

Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner   Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner  

NCA
    ?

What more can I add?!Classic WW2 Helmet...

Thanks NCA it is a classic helmet which I am very addicted to right now

NCA
    ?

Yeah..the damn things breed!Nobody told me that...

Beautiful set Ian,overall just iconic and visually stunning to see,makes me happy so well done on a fantastic purchase....

If I may Ian just add,really only being slightly picky the Loops are actually the 2nd pattern used the 1st are totally differant in every sense mate,the 2nd and 3rd are very similar but neither are like the 1st,but still a cracking set nevertheless.

Thanks Jake my bad on that one. Need to look at that reference book again see where I went wrong

?

Great set, Very Nice!
    Regards,
    John

I would help Ian but have lost all images to a faulty laptop and never backed them up......

Hi Jake I took a look at the book 'Helmets of the ETO' the pic in the book has the same bales as my one and it states it's a first pattern. I took a look at my early McCord with the Hawley liner and the bales are different. I assume my early McCord has the first pattern bales hence the difference. Early McCord top picture later McCord bottom picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner   Fixed bale M1 with MSA liner  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast