MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flea Market M1s!!

Article about: I was strolling down the aisle early in the morning last saturday at the flea market when i see two green bulbous things, my heart stops! I'm thinking THEY'RE M1 HELMETS!!! so then i keep my

?

Default Flea Market M1s!!

I was strolling down the aisle early in the morning last saturday at the flea market when i see two green bulbous things, my heart stops! I'm thinking THEY'RE M1 HELMETS!!! so then i keep my cool and ask the seller what he wanted for them, he told me $60 for the one with the liner and $50 for the other shell. WOOOOH!! So i hurry and pay the man and run away. They're both rear seamed but have different chinstraps.

Flea Market M1s!!Flea Market M1s!! I displayed them with a canteen, holster, a .45 casing, knife and two 1 dollar bills dated from 1935 that are from hawaii and north africa issued as emergency money, also some nickels and pennies from 1939-1944.
    Flea Market M1s!!Flea Market M1s!!Flea Market M1s!!Flea Market M1s!! both of the bails are bent!
    Flea Market M1s!!Flea Market M1s!!Flea Market M1s!! The liner-less shell which has a big ole dent in it, i married with a liner i previously bought on ebay for around $35.

Default Re: Flea Market M1s!!

Nice grab

?

Also one half of the linerless M1's chinstrap was soaked in what i think was cat or dog urine/feces so i had to wash it out and it also stunk bad!!

?

very nice pick up i have an M-1 with the bent over chin strap buckle as well

Nice finds indeed,two folded over buckles in as many weeks,maybe another area of the M1's history only just coming to pass..........Jake.

A very nice and lucky find
    I wouldnt mind getting a few more M1s for my collection.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Nice find. Congrats.

?

Couple of cool finds, nice work.

Brad.

I also had one with the bent over brass buckle? maybe this was something some soldiers did to the buckles for some reason? I fixed mine and bent it back to normal

?

You did well,congrats.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast