Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Frogskin mosquito netting

Article about: I know it is a super common item but I still thought I would show my frogskin mosquito netting. Have had it for sometime and was bought when I got a Canadian netting also, and picked it up t

?

Default Frogskin mosquito netting

I know it is a super common item but I still thought I would show my frogskin mosquito netting. Have had it for sometime and was bought when I got a Canadian netting also, and picked it up to cover up a very ugly condition M1.
    Thanks for looking
    Frogskin mosquito nettingFrogskin mosquito nettingFrogskin mosquito nettingFrogskin mosquito nettingFrogskin mosquito netting

?

Its super uncommon down here!
    How old?

Oz.

?

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Its super uncommon down here!
    How old?

Oz.
    From my understanding they were all made between 43/44 and 45, but they made a lot of them so they could still be bought new old stock as of a few years ago.

MAP
    ?

Never seen one before. Where can you find them 'new old stock'?
    Must get hot wearing that
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Ebay still had them sub $50 last year but I haven't looked for them lately. I have seen many pictures of these in wear but not once with the netting down and from accounts you can find no one ever did wear them like this, cut the netting and instant camo. You can see these very easy in period pictures since they are the only helmet camo the USMC had that has the fixed band around the helmet, pictures can be found from Tarawa up through Vietnam.

Official title "U.S. Marine Corps Mosquito hat net Camouflage helmet cover" also known as the 3rd pattern by the majority of collectors.nice example....thanks for sharing...............

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Official title "U.S. Marine Corps Mosquito hat net Camouflage helmet cover" also known as the 3rd pattern by the majority of collectors.nice example....thanks for sharing...............
    Thanks,I somehow forgot that the dark print had a brown band version on it also. Do you know if they ever do the light print with anything but the khaki band? I have read someplace that the light print might have been a different manufacture.

I like these mosquito covers here are my examples one in olive drab slight wear and two in frog skin one issued the other one not
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frogskin mosquito netting   Frogskin mosquito netting  

Frogskin mosquito netting   Frogskin mosquito netting  

Frogskin mosquito netting  

?

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    I like these mosquito covers here are my examples one in olive drab slight wear and two in frog skin one issued the other one not
    Thank you for showing yours, those are some nice nets. I also like that your thumbnail is a Vietnam period worn net. I have heard those olive drab ones are fairly hard to come by.