Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1

Article about: Hey folks, Bought a nice M1. It's a repainted ww2 front seam fixed bale shell.. With a post war liner. The stamp is very hard to see but I think it says 747E or 147E can't tell. Do any if yo

Default Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1

Hey folks,

Bought a nice M1. It's a repainted ww2 front seam fixed bale shell.. With a post war liner.

The stamp is very hard to see but I think it says 747E or 147E can't tell.

Do any if you know the maker of the liner? Pretty identical to the war time ones.

Have a nice day
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1   Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1  

Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1   Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1  

Well unless i've missed something no US Maker carry a star as its mold stamp,Rivets look wrong,leather chinstrap also looks none US.is there any other stamp marks?do the brass snaps on the nape the little short piece at the back held by four studs have any markings on them?

Default More detail

More details.. Thank you very much chinstrap is replica.. Liner should be something just after war..

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1   Front seam fixed bale ww2 M1  

The boys over on world steel helmet section might have a better clue on these markings,i've never seen these on US products.no US sweatband has a drop down tab with metal stamped disc either,so really where is this Liner from?any Euro clone but at a guess Belgium,or French but not US hope you didn't pay out too much for this set!!!also attachments for the sweatband are leather all US carry metal croc clips from 1942 -1988.

This model headband is commonly used in Dutch M1 liners, and possibly for other countries too. I don't recognize the maker mark of the liner itself, but the snaps on the nape strap seems to be made by Prym, a German company.

Star is not a US maker.