Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Front seam helmet

Article about: by ruddersrangers44 Hi Jocke these helmets were repainted and heavily sanded in the late 70's then were put into supply depots where they remained until auctioned off as military job lots...

?

Default Front seam helmet

Hello!
    I have just bought an front seam helmet for my collection, but i dont quiet make out how to date it.
    I have understood its an mccord helmet with swivel bale. It is marked 958L.
    Can anyone help me with an estimated production date for this?
    I would be very thankful for any info you guys can help me with.

Best regards Joakim

Default Re: Front seam helmet

July 44..........Jake

?

Thank you very much Jake!
    May i ask if there is a logical way to understand it or do you have some sort of list?

All the best!
    /Joakim

there's a McCord chart on websites also in the "helmets of the ETO book",useful stuff...........Jake.

?

I have the chart in .jpg format, pm me your email and I'll send it to you.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I think this helmet has been repainted during its use.
    Could anyone please tell me wich era this paintjob is from?
    I still havent decided if i should take this paint of and repaint it in original olive drap or if i should keep it the way it is.
    What do you guys think?
    Also i bought only the helmet shell but managed to find a danish liner m48 for 100sek about 15$, it is a m/48 but i think it looks right.

Thankfull for any info on my helmet
    Best regards Joakim

the top in regular daylight

the side in sunlight

liner mark cf

Please don't repaint it the helmet will have no value after that.

?

Thanks for the reply CSM Gray
    I bought it to make an useable ww2 replica, but didnt really have the heart to paint it, so after reading what you wrote it definatelly will stay in its "original" paintjob.
    After what i have read and seen, and please feel free to correct me if i am wrong, this would be an reused helmet repainted in sand or silica finish!?
    Could anyone see if it is a korea or vietnam paint?
    I think i insteed will buy a "cheap" euroclone and repaint it to look ww2, that way i can experiment to get the hellworn look (going to use it for re-enactments hopefully)
    This one instead will be a part of my slowly growing militaria collection, the only problem is now i want an helmet with original corkpaint to sit beside it

All the best!
    /Jocke

Hi Jocke these helmets were repainted and heavily sanded in the late 70's then were put into supply depots where they remained until auctioned off as military job lots....as they were being phased out with the arrival of the PASGT helmet,these never saw combat use at this stage of there life, so really whether you repaint or leave it the way it is wont have a massive differance on real term value anyway,but please put a US liner in it and some nam era chinstraps to complete it,just looks sorry for itself on its lonesome............best of luck either way.....Jake.

Im not to sure on the paint it doesn't really have the lime green color from the Vietnam era. It might be a Korean war era thick coat of silica. You could put a net on it and it would look WW2 era.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast