Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings

Article about: Here is a pretty neat piece, a front seam M1 with Navy markings in the form of a grey/blue stripe and yellow disk. The markings are those applied for landing craft personnel, of that I am su

Default Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings

Here is a pretty neat piece, a front seam M1 with Navy markings in the form of a grey/blue stripe and yellow disk. The markings are those applied for landing craft personnel, of that I am sure. Initially I thought the yellow disk was used in the Aleutians, but I now am not certain. Since I acquired the piece I have seen similar markings attributed to D-Day so now I just don't know. If anyone has information that will locate the theater where this combination was utilized I would very much appreciate it. The helmet is in excellent shape, with a Westinghouse liner also in great condition. They have been together forever. The leather chinstrap on the liner is broken near the buckle, but clearly was stretched over the brim during its use and when the liner is in the shell the leather strap fits like a glove on the steel helmet. Anyway, here it is. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings   Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings  

Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings   Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings  

Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings   Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings  

Front Seam M1 with Navy Landing Craft Personnel Markings  

F.a.u.l.t.l.e.s.s...................you sure got some wonderful helmets in your collection jim,beautiful set in amazing condition..........

MAP
    ?

A+ Jim
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)