Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia

Article about: Here is an odd ball. It is a front seam, swivel bale M1. It has been repainted several times, the last coat being a smooth OD. It has a metal Lt. Col. device welded to the front that has bee

Default Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia

Here is an odd ball. It is a front seam, swivel bale M1. It has been repainted several times, the last coat being a smooth OD. It has a metal Lt. Col. device welded to the front that has been there forever. In addition, there is a unique feature - two metal/inlaid 23rd Regimental insignia (We Serve) welded to the sides - something I have never seen before. My Uncle was in the 23rd in France in 1944, so I just had to have it. It did not have a liner when I bought it, so I married it to a 2nd ID decaled Firestone liner. All comments are welcomed. I hope you like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia   Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia  

Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia   Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia  

Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia   Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia  

?

Default Re: Front Seam Swivel Bale M1 w/ Metal Lt. Col. Device and 23rd Reg. Insignia

never seen anything like but its got a really good honest look about very nice indeed if only it could talk