Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Go Navy!

Article about: by moaning minnie was that on UK ebay or overseas?dave eBay UK, I will let you know about the gamble, it seems I have bought it. Kind Regards, Andy

?

Default Go Navy!

A couple of USN lids.
    Both are front seam, the one on the right is fixed bale with Westie liner, the one on the left swivel bail with, appropriately, a Seaman liner. Always amazes me the colour variation on these things, notice how the blue paint has faded to blue-green on the fixed bail. That's not easy to pick out from the photographs taken with the available light, but you will just have to trust me that it is more blue than green And, just because its Navy, it does not mean it HAS to be salty!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Go Navy!   Go Navy!  

Go Navy!   Go Navy!  

Go Navy!   Go Navy!  

Go Navy!   Go Navy!  

Go Navy!  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Go Navy!

a couple of very nice USN lids very nice indeed

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    a couple of very nice USN lids very nice indeed
    Thank you my friend.
    This M1 forum seems to be stalling at the moment, come on people, post your M1's! Dig 'em out, and grab your Box Brownie. We can't have those strange German Militaria collectors running the place you know.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

very nice indeed my friend,how ever i think im out of this M1 malarkey,its all way too much now,what with the dodgy euro clone ever present waiting to raise its ugly head,and anything that comes along half decent then you will need an off shore account to pay for the dam thing.its a shame when collecting stops being a hobbie and fun,and becomes a cut throat business and all that./the prices that collectors will pay now is so O.T.T,that mr average joe blogs does'nt even get a sniff,anyway enough of my whingey whiney ways,dave

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    very nice indeed my friend,how ever i think im out of this M1 malarkey,its all way too much now,what with the dodgy euro clone ever present waiting to raise its ugly head,and anything that comes along half decent then you will need an off shore account to pay for the dam thing.its a shame when collecting stops being a hobbie and fun,and becomes a cut throat business and all that./the prices that collectors will pay now is so O.T.T,that mr average joe blogs does'nt even get a sniff,anyway enough of my whingey whiney ways,dave
    C'mon, Dave. They are out there. Example:
    I took a punt on this one on fleabay today, lid is ball and claw, minimal description by the seller but it is the liner I am interested in in this case. I did not ask the seller for more photos of the inside of the liner as he may have posted them on fleabay. Worth a punt for £30.00 all in. Could be a clone, who knows..... Watch this space.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Go Navy!  
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-27-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

ok andy i get the point,poor pics and description can lead to a lucky buy,but these are seldom and far between,the vast majority still have decent pics and correct description,hence will usually loose out on most things unless my pockets become deeper than wookie hole my friend.dave

Stunning helmets!

?

ok andy i get the point,poor pics and description can lead to a lucky buy,but these are seldom and far between.

Yes they are indeed. You will need to have an eagle eye and have your saved searches on fleabay set to newly listed, and buy it now.
    It happens rarely, but I did pick up a complete Westinghouse liner WITH a green buckle chinstrap for £40.00.
    Oh, it seems I am giving away my secrets!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Stunning helmets!
    Well thank you sir. It is an honour to be able to keep them.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

was that on UK ebay or overseas?dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast