Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this a good buy for a first helmet for a newbie

Article about: ahh the 7.62 bren must have been fun firing tom

?

Default is this a good buy for a first helmet for a newbie

Hi guys newbie here

wanting a nice looking helmet to go on display in the back room ( my man cave ) and came across this here in NZ there is a few listing on here but like i said i am a newbie and just browsing at the mo, as i am in between rc flying 1/6 action figures and learning to take pics ( my wife thinks i have enough things to keep my busy ) so this isn't a priority but would maybe make a good fist buy ? and look coo on my shelf ?

anyway what you guys think ?

us m1 veitnam era medics | Trade Me

or this one looks nice to me i know its not a real one of such but wuld look nice with one of the first aid kits strapped to the front.

Danish M48 Combat Helmet & Net | Trade Me

Thanks

Pommie in NZ

Default Re: is this a good buy for a first helmet for a newbie

G'day Pommie and welcome, The M1 looks Kool, if you can get it for that price, hard to say if it's genuine but the price is right either way,Good Luck

Phill

one word answer "yes" they are both good (can't be sure on the medic but the price is good for a normal so you got a deal) the M48 is a bit expensive but is in brilliant condition so yeah its worth it imo they are both good depends on what you want

tom

?

Thanks guy i just missed out on the medic helmet (someone hit buy now button when i went back again) and completely forgot about to other one as getting ready to watch the rugby Final, but i think i want to go with a ww2 replica band of brothers/airborne style helmet with the camo stuff and leather cupped chin thing and the little fist aid thing on the top (sorry for my terminology newbie) as i can display it with my 1/6 scale 101st figure.

Pommie

If you are just looking for something cool to show off then a replica would be the way to go. It won't be an investment but more of a decoration. Your money will go a lot farther as well.

Alec

?

if all you're wanting is a display piece to go with your action figures then you'll be best off going for a replica but a good replica isn't going to be cheap there's a company in Australia called Top Pots they do some good replicas but like i said not cheap !!!!!

Top Pots - U.S. World War II Restored Airborne and Infantry Helmets

Be glad you forgot about the M48. It is a civil defense helmet from the seventies or so. Not at all desirable. Army M48's are olive drab coloured, not gray.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Yeah i think yeah the replica would be the way to go ( for my wallets sake as " i brought it for a investment dear, it will worth more in years to come " seems to be wearing thin with my wife ..lol)
    i will have a look at TOP POTS as maybe moving back to OZ at the end of year so will maybe wait till them unless i find one here
    until then i will have to keep looking.
    thanks for all the help guys when i get something i will let you know.

cheers Pommie

pommie if you want replicas also check Soldier of Fortune and Epic Militaria
    good luck and keep us posted

tom

?

thanks tailtom will check it put

here is 6 seconds of fun i had at the weekend never done that before

ww2 bren gun - YouTube

went to a small local military show, it made me think of joining up and doing all that reenactment stuff looked quite cool.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast