Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Article about: Hi, I found this interesting helmet but haven't a single idea of when it was from or what branch may have used it? I'm thinking, possibly Navy during the Korean War? Thanks!

Default Has anyone ever seen this before?

Hi,

I found this interesting helmet but haven't a single idea of when it was from or what branch may have used it? I'm thinking, possibly Navy during the Korean War?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Has anyone ever seen this before?   Has anyone ever seen this before?  

Has anyone ever seen this before?   Has anyone ever seen this before?  

The only use I can see is for a face shield. Possibly for a welding visor, etc..... this is something you don’t see every day.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Face shield perhaps but the side mounted lugs are also in the right position to mount headphone speakers on. This is not a configuration
    I am familiar with or have encountered before ...

Do you know what the age might be? Is it military?

Thanks.

If your referring to the mounting lugs being military I would say yes, they appear to have been on the helmet for quite some time and appears consistent with the age of the rest of the helmet which the liner and chinstrap confirm to be Vietnam era

I see a DSA number on the sweat band but I don’t think the liner is US the A washers do not look correct. The helmet is a odd color to be American but has US chinstraps;1950’s-early 60’s. I am leaning to foreign usage.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Maybe start looking at Riot Shield examples?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The lugs are for a clear plastic face shield so the helmet could be used for riot duty. My dad used to have a bunch but they tend to get really brittle and warped with age.

I can't help you....but I want to say how impressed I am with your presentation......thank you for making such an effort and good luck.