Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heat stamp of 98C... date?

Article about: Just read my last post again and it reads like im being cheeky, not meant to be! it was just a wee joke Andy. Best regards Rod

Default Heat stamp of 98C... date?

Hi guys,

A friend of mine wants to know what his fixed bale McCord with a heat stamp of 98C would date to. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mo

?

Default Re: Heat stamp of 98C... date?

That's an early one. Around March 1942 I believe.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks! Do you know what kind of liner it would have been issued with? Would a Hawley be appropriate?

Probably a Hawley /st clair/hood as far as i know the rest started producing liners in September 1942. Hood/st clair april 1942. If i am wrong anyone please correct me.
    Regards
    Rod

?

Would a Hawley be appropriate?

Oh yes it would be. Finding one at a reasonable price will be a challenge though. A nice early Wetinghouse with rayon webbing and a "double wire " sweatband would be good too. These early liners were mostly replaced by the end of WW2, so any WW2 vintage liner would be OK.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Probably a Hawley /st clair/hood as far as i know the rest started producing liners in September 1942. Hood/st clair april 1942. If i am wrong anyone please correct me.
    Regards
    Rod
    MSA, contract awarded early Feb 1942, Inland at the same time. Westinghouse was awarded the contract for 1,000 000 late February and was the first to deliver though, in May 1942. MSA and Inland delivered the end of May

Best Regards.

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks guys!

Thanks for correcting me Andy
    Think i will just stick to reading and asking instead of commenting lol.
    When did Hawley start making them
    Regards
    Rod

?

Approval for production of the fibre liner was given on April 28 1941.

Think i will just stick to reading and asking instead of commenting lol.

Hey Rod, don't believe I carry all this stuff around in my head for a second. I use the book The M-1 Helmet of the World War 11 GI by Pieter Oosterman for reference. I would highly recommend it to any M-1 collector. It's a little expensive but worth it IMHO.
    It makes me think I know what I am talking about sometimes..........

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

You shouldn’t have told me that , there was me thinking i was talking to a intellectual
    someone a lot brighter than myself.
    Think i got my info from toppots site he must be wrong.
    Thanks again
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast